Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hair.

We took a risk. We did something crazy. My best friend and I went to the hairdressers and got our hair dyed. We thought it would be best to get it done at the hairdressers, even if it cost a lot of money that doesn't exist in the bank account, as we didn't want it to look ridiculous and stuff it up from a box.


I asked for something a little like this:


And this is what my friend was going for:


If you saw us, there is zero chance of you noticing any change whatsoever.

That's right, we look exactly the same. A trillion dollars later, our hair is still the same colour. Now I am 100% positive that the lady actually put colour in our hair, I saw it with my own eyes! We selected a colour, and an hour later she washed it out, and reassured us that it would become more noticeable in a couple of days. Yeah, well, we both still have dark brown hair. In fact, mine is actually darker! You see, when she dyed it the brownyreddy colour (that I told her I thought was too dark), the natural highlights of my dark brown hair went away, resulting in this blackybrowny colour that lacks in niceness. Just what I wanted!

This could only have happened to us. As non-risk takers, we should have only expected that when we did try, it would result in a hilarious situation of no result. Most people, when getting their hair dyed, would walk out with a new hair colour. Jacinta and Nikki, walk out looking exactly the same. It's the way of the universe.

x