Sunday, October 24, 2010

Silver White Winters That Melt Into Spring.

I know it's very childish of me, but I'm scared of thunder storms. Ever since I was a little tyke. I think it was year 2, when we learned about lightening at school, that my fear really started. I've never been a fan of sudden loud noises (fireworks are not my favourite thing in the world. Nor are snare players in marching bands), but once I learned about the damage that lightening can cause, that was it for me. I'm getting better though! I used to just lay there in bed blocking my ears until it stopped, which is not a particularly practical thing to do when you live in Queensland with all the storms and stuff. I didn't get much sleep in the summertime.

This house is very tall and lightning keeps striking really close and I'm freaking out a little right now! Where is Julie Andrews when you need her..




In other news; my feet are dead, my eyes are barley staying open and my shoulders hurt like a bitch. Yes, that's right, I'm a wee bit tired. But you know what? It was utterly and completely worth it. I had the most fantastic weekend!! It included fresh cookies, a wonderfully dozy picnic (with a freakishly cloudless sky and a freakishly lovely picnic partner), park exploration, ducks (and surprise turtles!), being re-untied with goon punch (and the CHAC uniform), chats at Charlie's with nothing but the finest collection of beings AND Bohemian Rhapsody.

This is following the AMAZING performance from none other than Tame Impala that I witnessed last weekend, in the company of two very cool cats. I can not find a picture to successfully illustrate my recent weekend adventures, so instead I'm going to include a song by one of the support acts of Tame Impala, The John Steel Singers. Very impressive live performance on their behalf!! Especially the keys/trumpet/back up singer guy, who looked like he was having the time of his life. That's really what you want to see in live music. Apologies for terrible video quality.



For now, however, I best return to the world of craziness and seriousness I was lucky enough to escape for 48 hours-ish. Not long now until two and a half moths of escapism :)

x