Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Assignment Writing Entertainment.

I want to sleep for days, do something reckless, sing outdoors, eat chocolate cake, drink a bucket full of tea, watch a movie I've never seen before and work on my creative projects all at once. But alas, I must continue to write this assignment.

While I write assignments and study, I like to listen to music that I wouldn't usually listen to whilst doing things I usually do when listening to music (such as train catching, walking and doing the dishes). Miles Davis, Beethoven, Debussy and Chet Baker are my favourites for study related occasions. I'm currently going through a bit of a jazz phase, so I've been listening to Miles on the train as well :)



Anyway, on my assignment writing youtube travels, I came across this magnificent Chet Baker rendition of "My Funny Valentine". I have a lovely recording of him singing it, but this is completely different and completely wonderful. From the instability of his vocals, I'm going to assume it's from his later years. Just wow. Enjoy!



x

p.s. Thank you to everyone who has ever taken the time to read/browse my blog! I now, somehow, have over 1000 views :) (over half of which occurred between September and now!!). It's really nice to know that my points of view and ramblings are read, and maybe even considered :) so thanks, love and peace to you.